Thursday 20 January 2011

RADGEPACKET - TALES FROM THE INNER CITIES VOLUME 5

Last night a long awaited email from Ed of BYKER BOOKS popped into my in-box.

A double digit tap and I held my breath.

My story, Say Hello Wave Goodbye, had been accepted for Radgepacket - Tales from the Inner Cities Volume 5.

I was over the blooming moon. I read it twice to make sure.

Yes!

Yippee!

I’m thrilled, honoured and privileged to be accepted into this anthology. The planned release date is March/April…ish. As soon as I get more news I’ll let you know.

I’ll be interested to see the full list of contributors. I’m sure I’ll be in good company doing what I do best; holding onto the coattails of a talented bunch of authors - all with terrific stories. Congratulations to you all.

If you are not familiar with the books then please check out the last Radgepacket HERE. Go on treat yourself!

As Ed says (and Ed knows best):

“Byker Books will use profits from sales to fund basic operations and new titles (including the Radgepacket series). We’re not evil millionaires. We’re people trying to get good books and new authors out in to the market and we need your help to do that.”

Says it all, Ed.

Byker Books has exciting plans to launch the Radgepacket series as well as their other novels (old and new) in ebook form.

So, great news all round.

I can’t wait to see a story of mine in print for the first time. What a blast that will be. What an inspiration to keep scribbling down the nonsense that is inside my head.

Man-O-Man!

Right-O, I’m off for a celebratory drink or three.

Take good care folks.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations mate! I'm in there too and there's someone else from Hartlepool and my Warsaw mate Colin Graham!It's the Brit Grit pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic news, mate. Brit Grit, indeed!!

    "Oi, and stop this 'hanging on coattails' lark!! You are one fine writer, mate! Knuckle down and get on with it!!" said Gene Hunt! :-)

    It'd be nice to see something from you soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, man. I'm happy for you. Now, maybe this will mean we'll be seeing more stuff from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Really pleased for you, and looking forward to the mag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well chuffed for yer, mate. Look forward to reading it.
    Regards,
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind comments lady and gents; much appreciated. And sorry for the delay in getting back to you all - I'm still floating about up in the clouds (hic-hic!).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.