Sunday 10 January 2010

CLARITY OF NIGHT "SILHOUETTE" SHORT FICTION CONTEST

I took a break from writing over the long Christmas/New Year holiday and it has been really hard to get going again.

In an attempt to break my lethargy, I put together a piece for Jason Evans Clarity of Night "Silhouette" 250 word Short Fiction Contest – using this photograph as inspiration.

I had great fun writing this flash piece and you can find my effort, The Eton Rifles, HERE.

The contest is open until Wednesday January 13th so if anybody reads this and is not aware of this project I urge you to pop over and have a gander.

My thanks go to Jason for organising this contest – browsing the other entrant’s efforts I can see that the standard is incredibly high with some cracking pieces to read and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Got you out of a 'Jam', eh? Very good tale, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul, I knew you would get the musical connections!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read Val McDemot's 'The Distant Echo' BTW. Top book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven’t Paul but I’ll put it on my, ever growing, list.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.