Wednesday 24 March 2010

2010 SPINETINGLER AWARD: BEST SHORT STORY ON THE WEB NOMINEES

Well, I’ve had worse days I can tell you…..

Lunchtime at the day job, I decided to have a quick look at my web-mail in-box and there was an email from my old mucker Paul Brazill. I was pleased as punch to read that one of Paul’s fine stories, The Tut, had been nominated for the 2010 Spinetingler Short Story on the Web award and….

… so had one of MY tales - My Father’s Son.

My Father’s Son was published last year at the superb A Twist of Noir, run by the brilliant Christopher Grant – a big thank you to Chris.

You could have knocked me down with a feather!

My thanks go to all the people at Spinetingler Magazine for the nomination. It is an honour to be listed amongst all the other nominees.

Congrats to Paul, his nomination is richly deserved and to all the other nominees; we are in great company – for a full list of the nominees double digit HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats mate. A powerful pice of writing.Strong contender, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignore above. I congratulated you without reading the story. Now...

    Top job mate. Great story (Before my time on the old blog thing) that I've just caught up with and really worthy of making the list. Well done Alan.

    Best wishes, David.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news n a cracking story, mate.
    'Rookie writer' my arse!
    Regards,
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the generous and kind comments - much appreciated.

    Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Alan! I had no idea, as I just came over here to nick your banner, because it looked bigger than mine (ahem) in the F-F-F blog thumb views.

    Again, a big congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the congratulations Cormac - I’m still pinching myself! No worries with the banner, I nicked it off Keith Rawson!

    Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.